The over-riding factor in allocating training times is for teams to be grouped together with like teams. This enables:
- social interaction between the teams within their group,
- sharing of drills and resources,
- coaches filling in for one another when needed,
- communication between managers re: team changes etc.
- the club’s Technical Director to visit like teams in the younger age groups at the same time.
Where possible older teams are asked to train at Prince Edward Park to spread wear and tear across both fields. This is particularity important in 2017 as we will have a newly turfed playing surface at Lakewood that will need to be nursed through the season.
Pre-season training will only be conducted at Prince Edward Park. Teams should apply to firstname.lastname@example.org for a time slot.
The proposed program from 15/3/17 is:
- Boys & Girls Under 6 to under 11 – Lakewood on Monday nights between 5.00 and 7.00.
- Boys & Girls Under 12 to under 16 – Lakewood on Tuesday nights between 5.00 and 7.00 (our technical director will be available during these times)
- Womens Teams from Under 18s and up – Wednesdays at Prince Edward Park
- Mens Teams from Under 18s up – Thursdays between Prince Edward Park and Lakewood
- Teams may will have extra sessions by arrangement with the Player Development Committee