Published on January 12th, 2012 | by Bonnet Bay FC0
Lakewood Clubhouse Upgrade Next on the Agenda
It is very exciting to announce that, on the back of new lighting in 2011 and major field renovations before the start of the 2012 season, your club’s plans to start extensions to the Lakewood Clubhouse before the start of 2013 have gained momentum recently.
We now invite club members to get behind your committee to make this a reality. At this stage we particularly need to hear from club members who can lend their expertise and/or financial support to help make this reality. There are 3 main aspects of this project:
- long term lease with council
- fundraising and grants
Our Junior Vice-President, Andrew Prociuk, who is leading the project at BBFC Committee level, has prepared the following message for people wishing to join our design team:
Improvements to Lakewood Clubhouse – Design Team
Following presentation of the proposed club alterations at the AGM and passing of the subsequent resolution to progress the development of the Lakewood City Reserve Clubhouse, representatives of BBFC met with Sutherland Shire Council’s Sport and Rec Team and Head of Property last week receiving warm support for the proposed concept.
The concept includes a staged development which will include:
- creating two new dressing sheds and training gear store in front of existing building allowing conversion of existing dressing rooms to a club room at a later date.
- potential for a raised viewing area above new dressing sheds (subject to structural assessment)
- expansion of canteen area under existing roof
- creation of BBFC club room (double existing size) with internal amenities
- various internal alterations to improve functionality
- covered walkways around building
With council’s Property Department and Sport & Rec Group support, the Lakewood Clubhouse Development Committee (LCDC) is now progressing with the next stage of our development which will target DA documentation ready for lodgement end March 2012.
To meet this timetable the LCDC is seeking expressions of interest from members, affiliates or sponsors willing and able to contribute professional services to the LCDC assist in the preparation of the Development application preparation.
The LCDC is seeking assistance with the following specialist services,
- Architect -must have CAD plan capabilities and able to prepare architectural finishes schedules, sub-trade tender package
- Structural Engineer- design of structural elements and coordination with Geo Tech reports)
- Geotechnical Surveyor
- Quantity Surveyor
- Town Planner
- Builder (Gold Licence)
- Project manager
- Property lawyer
Applicants should confirm
- capacity to provide the above services to meet the time frames required to lodge the DA end of March 2012,
- availability to attend LCDC meetings, design meetings with Sutherland Shire Council, BBFC Members and Stakeholders, as required
- carry appropriate insurances ($1m PI cover) and
- have appropriate qualifications and registrations
- Fee basis (if any)
We invite interested parties to submit expression of interest including brief CV to LCDC@bonnetbayfc.com asap. If you have any questions please do not hesitate to contact Andrew Prociuk on Mobile 0416 191 593.
BBFC Junior Vice-President, Chairman LCDC