Published on January 9th, 2013 | by Bonnet Bay FC
Wet Weather, Lightning and Hot Weather Information
In the event of wet weather the following guidelines apply:
- Council can close grounds in which case clubs have no discretion. They provide a daily advice on the status of grounds through a recorded message on 9710 0105.
- The club may choose to close fields or parts of fields due to their condition – this will be advised via email to our database
- Coaches or Managers should call training off when it is likely the fields will be damaged by proceeding
- Never Assume games are off
- Clubs advise the association whether fields are okay to play on
- The association may move matches from one field to another as late as the morning of the match – team managers will be advised by club committee and updates posted to www.shirefootball.com.au and www.bonnetbayfc.com
- Where a large number of fields are unplayable the association may call all games off. Games called off in this manner are not necessarily replayed.
- Referees or ground control may call games off where conditions deteriorate during the day. This can even occur part way through games. These games will generally be replayed.
Lightning & Heat
- Training and matches should be suspended whenever there is lightning nearby – refer to Football NSW Lightning Policy for details
- In the event of extreme heat training and matches may be suspended or special arrangements put in place – refer to Football NSW Heat Policy